- Inspire youth to pursue higher education, set goals, and reach their full potential.
- Expose youth to viable STEAM career opportunities in the entertainment industry.
- Ensure that youth desiring a music career are informed and prepared.
- Provide youth from underserved communities with access to resources.
- Mentored over 500 students.
- Assisted more than 10 students with securing full-time jobs (one student is signed to a major record label and another works at a prominent record label).
- Placed 35 students in internships at music related businesses.
- Teamed our youth with local and internationally known artists such as Bahamadia; in concert and in the studio.
- Blackboard Labs program was the recipient of Philadelphia Cultural Fund’s 2013 Councilman David Cohen Award.
- Held music conferences for over 200 Philadelphia area students.
- Provide programs and/or facilitators for MESA Philly at Temple University, Y-Achievers and the Allegheny West Foundation.
- Sponsored trips to BET, record labels, radio stations, recording studios, music conferences, and festivals.
- Our students have volunteered at the Roots Picnic, Grammy Career Day, Made in America, and other music events.
Programs / Signature Events:
Utilizing a unique blend of classroom and studio settings to facilitate learning, Jr. Music Executive offers a full curriculum and positive forum for youth to discover and develop skills necessary for successful careers in music.
- Internship Program 10-week program offered for 15 motivated high school and college students.
- Blackboard Labs A holistic after school program that incorporates music business, music production, and wellness.
- JME Open Mic An all ages opportunity for expression featuring singers, rappers, poets, musicians, and positive energy.
- Pop-Up Mobile Studio Neighborhood engagement events where our teaching artists bring a laptop music production suite to recreation centers and community functions.
- Exposure Trips The world has a lot to offer. Active students are invited to visit BET, recording studios, record labels, radio stations, performance venues, CD manufacturing plants, and other music sites.